2nd Annual Trans Jam Contest – Charlotte, NC
The streets of uptown Charlotte will come alive with high-flying BMX action on Saturday, July 30, as Maxxis Tires and Hickory Tavern present the 2nd Annual Trans Jam BMX Contest. Taking place on the corner of South Tryon Street and West 3rd Street, the contest is being held in conjunction with the Presbyterian Hospital Novant Health Invitational Criterium bicycle race.
Local Charlotte restaurants Hickory Tavern and Char Bar No.7, as well as SportClips Haircuts will play a large role in supporting the contest for their hometown.
Pro Purse $2000
$500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, & $200 for 3rd in both park and flatland. All other classes will compete for prize packs (photos of prizes will begin posting on Facebook in June).
New for 2011! Best Trick Contest
$20 Registration 100% of all registration funds collected will go back to the winner!
New for 2011! Veteran’s Class
$45 registration fee (You know if you’re a vet or not)
Should we not have enough competitors, Vets will compete in the Amateur Class.
Vintage Bike Display
Bring your vintage, old school, collector, or mid school bikes to display at the Trans Jam BMX Contest. Pork Chop BMX is sponsoring the Vintage Bike Display with many prizes– grand prizes being a Land Race frame and fork. We will be selling tickets to raffle off the prizes, and all proceeds will go to benefit the Mike Vincent Fight for Sight Fund.
This is not a contest, but a gathering for anyone wishing to show off their treasures! If interested, contact Dani at email@example.com.
Parking should be available at the lot located on W.3rd Street and S. Poplar Street.
- 8:00am-10:00am: Registration / Open Practice at Park Course available upon completion of set-up
- 10:00am-11:00am: Flatland Beginner / Practice: Park Beginner only
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Park Beginner
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Flatland Amateur / Practice: Park Amateur
- 1:00pm-1:30pm: Vintage Bike Display Raffle
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: Park Amateur
- 2:30pm-3:00pm: Flatland Pro / Practice: Park Vet only
- 3:00pm-3:30pm: Park Veteran
- 3:30pm-4:30pm: BREAK / Practice: Park Pro only
- 4:30pm-5:30pm: Park Pro
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Best Trick Contest
- 6:30pm-7:00pm: Awards Ceremony